- Basecoat, then apply 1-2 coats white polish (I used 2 coats of Sinful Snow Mw White)
- Apply random splotches of neon in different colors (I used SinfulMelon, Fusion, Irish Green, and Summer Peach) to nails (I just “dotted” colors using applicator brush)
- Let dry completely; topcoat optional (i used one)
- When polish is completely dry, apply pieces of striping tape at random
- Apply one coat of black nail polish (I used Wet N Wild Black Creme) and while polish is still wet, peel off the pieces of tape carefully
- Let dry completely and apply topcoat.
diy nautical nails. details to come (gotta get to work!)
Day 15 of the 30 Day Mani Challenge: Floral Print
Click on photo for details at my blogspot, Tiny Canvases.
Day 14 of the 31 Day Challenge: Animal Prints
Okay, I hate animal prints. I’ve always thought they were lame and since I really didn’t want to do any of the animal prints, I decided to do all of them using all the super-bright colors that I wouldn’t normally wear (I’m an earth-tone, neutral, anti-neon type of chick). Why not, right?
I actually ended up really liking how it came out and wore it for a couple of days.
Click on the photo for the details on how I acheived this look and more pictures.
Day 13 of the 30 Day Manicure Challenge: Stripes.
Sorry for the lack of blogging this past couple of weeks. I started a new job and have been super busy. So tonight is “catch up” night (might not have had time to blog but I always find time to do my nailz).
I actually tried to be all creative with this challenge and do some crazy coral color and teal over taxi yellow free hand stripes but the colors were so awful once I actually saw them on my nails (they looked okay when I held their wheel swatches next to each other but ohmygod the clashing once I started striping) so I decided to do the simple stamped b&w stripes.
I’m excited to see all my new followers! Welcome and I hope you enjoy my experiments in my new hobby. We’re up to 95 followers! Five more and we can have our giveaway drawing so reblog reblog reblog or tell your friends to start following me already! ;D I’ve got the loot all packaged up and ready to send, I just need a winner!
From now on, I will post 1 pic of each mani on tumblr (i know i tend to ignore pic heavy posts on here) and post all the “how I acheived this look” info + more pics on my new blog (http://tinycanvases.blogspot.com). Clicking on the photo will take you straight to the related blog entry.
Day 12 of the 31 Day Mani Challenge: Polka Dots
Steps to get this look:
- Basic mani (file, buff, etc). 1 coat of Sinful “Basecoat” then 2 coats of China Glaze “Re-Minted” on every other nail and both middle fingers.
- 1-2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Mint Sprint” on the rest of the nails and half of both middle fingers (i did this the “easy” way by taping a line down the middle after the lighter color dried but before applying the darker one)
- Using a bobby pin that I straightened to use as a poor man’s dotting tool, I randomly dotted each nail with the same polishes reversed.
- Finished with 2 coats SV FDTC
Day 10 of the 31 Day Mani Challenge - Gradient nails.
Obviously, I was lazy. I did a grayscale using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Whirlpool White”, Revlon “Hazy”, China Glaze “Awaken”, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear “Gunmetal”, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear “Black Out”. Simple yet effective and now I can move on to the next challenge….Polka Dots!!!!
Also, I’m starting up an Etsy store to sell manicures. I haven’t opened it yet but I’ll let you know.
AAAAAANNNDDDD since I now have over 50 followers (thank you all!), I will be doing a giveaway soon. More details to come.
KOTD - Kash Bar
I’m still putting off the next challenge of the 31 Day Mani Challenge. I’ve never done gradient nails before and I got a bunch of new polishes/image plates and organized my work desk, now dedicated completely to nail art, so I have had plenty of excuses to put it off! I’ll do it today. Promise! I want to do a white-to-black grayscale for the gradient challenge but we’ll see!
This konadicure from yesterday reminded me of curtains that might hang in a kasbah. That’s why I named it Kash Bar. Kinda lame, I know.
Base: 1 coat Sinful “Basecoat”, 2 coats L’Oreal “Vintage Red” (an oooold bottle…like, 7-8 yrs old), and 1 coat Seche Vite FDTC
Design: stamping image plate SH25 by Shany with China Glaze “Poetic”
Finish: 2 coats SV