- Basecoat, then apply 1-2 coats white polish (I used 2 coats of Sinful Snow Mw White)
- Apply random splotches of neon in different colors (I used SinfulMelon, Fusion, Irish Green, and Summer Peach) to nails (I just “dotted” colors using applicator brush)
- Let dry completely; topcoat optional (i used one)
- When polish is completely dry, apply pieces of striping tape at random
- Apply one coat of black nail polish (I used Wet N Wild Black Creme) and while polish is still wet, peel off the pieces of tape carefully
- Let dry completely and apply topcoat.
diy nautical nails. details to come (gotta get to work!)
A Year’s Challenge: Week 3 - Color Block Mani
Details here (or just click the pic!).
I’m reposting this cause I’ve got the prize all packaged and ready to go but I LOST 4 readers over the holidays instead of gaining the 7 we had to get so I can give someone all this awesome stuff! Spread the word, y’all. ;)
mani pics soon! just started a new job and have been quite the busy bee but i’ll get my swatches up on my blog and some new designs posted later.
Joy Ella’s Nail Art Blog Giveaway!!!! Celebrating 100 (future) followers!!!
Since I posted that I will be giving away some free nail art loot, my follower count jumped up to 60 so I figured I’d better post the details!!
- Eight fauxnad (konad dupes) nail stamping image plates including: m22, m27, m44, m56, m60, m63, m73, & m78 (links open detailed image of each plate in new window) Note that they have a blue plastic protective layer on top that must be peeled off before use (that is what looks scratched up in the pic above, the actual plates are not scratched!)
- A few of my favorite “stamping” polishes, all Brand New: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Whirlwind White”, WetNWild “Black Creme”, Pure Ice “Silver Mercedes”, & Revlon TopSpeed “Espresso”
- A brand new genuine Konad stamper & scraper set (not pictured)
- One Onyx Pro acetone corrector pen (I love these, easier than using brushes IMHO and when they dry up, just dip tip in NP remover to “reuse)
- China Glaze “Scarlet” and “Heaven” Nail Polishes (just for the heck of it)
- You must be following me (nailartbyjoyella.tumblr.com)
- You must LIKE this post (you can reblog it if you want but it won’t help/hurt your chances of winning)
- Most importantly, you must REBLOG one of my blog posts featuring an ORIGINAL manicure by Joy Ella (must have my watermark, my previous reblogged posts won’t count). Pick your favorite or least awful or at random…Just make sure the photo(s) are stamped with my watermark “nailartbyjoyella.tumblr.com”!
Details: The drawing will take place on the following midnight of the day this blog reaches 100 followers (i.e., reach 100 at 2pm 11/22, drawing will be that night at 12am 11/23). All who qualify before 11:59pm that day will be entered into the random drawing (using random.org) and the winner will be notified via the Ask button (so make sure your blog has it turned on!)
I made the mistake of choosing to do xmas lights over my already deep red mani. A mistake only because I first used black for the “wires” but you couldn’t see it very well so it just looked like i put random colored eggy dots over burgundy so I went back over the black with Sally Hansen Complete Manicure “Gilty Pleasure”.
Base: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear “Brick Wall”+base/topcoat
Design: freehand painted using two very thin nail art brushes to paint the wire (SH Complete Manicure “Gilty Pleasure”) and “lights” (SH InstaDri in Whirlwind White, Lickety-Split Lime, Lightening, Brisk Blue, & Peachy Breeze”)
I’m up to 93 followers. Only 7 more followers and we can do the GIVEAWAY!! I’ve got the loot all packaged up and ready to send out to one lucky reader so tell your friends to follow me @ nailartbyjoyella.tumblr.com or repost this or something so we can find a winner!!
I reached 800 followers so its time for a giveaway! I will be giving away 1 Holo nail polish set, 2 China Glaze nail polishes, 1 Seche Vite top coat, 1 180/180 grit nail file, 1 pedicure slipper, 2 toe seperators, and 1 set of hand painted nails you can apply at home of your choice, from my…